Next board meeting Weds, September 13 @ 5:30 pm. Childcare provided, or Zoom link will be sent out on Brightwheel.
Normally meetings are the 3rd Weds of each month.
Track your volunteer hours here – meeting attendance counts towards your hours!
Upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Attend a board meeting
- Fall cleanup Saturday, Sept 16
- Design your own: see something that needs done? Talk to a board member.
Want to join the board?
Start attending meetings now, you must have attended two of the last three meetings in order to qualify! If you are ready to join, complete the Prospective Board Member Questions.
Prospective Board Member Questions
If you are interested joining our board when a seat becomes available, please provide a short bio and answer these questions:
- Hillcrest’s values are family, inclusivity, and quality. What do those words mean to you in the context of a childcare center?
- Why did you choose Hillcrest for your family?
- What do you consider to be Hillcrest’s strengths?
- What would you most like to see improved at Hillcrest?
- Hillcrest strives to continuously improve as a safe and supportive environment for diverse children, families, and staff, welcoming all races, genders, sexual orientations, family structures, socioeconomic classes, etc. How do you see yourself contributing in this area? For example, how would you support Hillcrest’s staff and your child(ren) in welcoming a transgender child, a child of a same-sex couple, a child of a different race than any current friend in class, etc.?
- Hillcrest’s board works closely with its executive director. Describe your vision of how that relationship should ideally function.
- How would you personally like to contribute as an individual board member (skills, talents, points of view, etc.)?
Hillcrest Children’s Center Board Member Role Description
Roles and Responsibilities: To act as a voting member of the board with full authority and responsibility to provide strategic guidance to Hillcrest Children’s Center to develop policies, procedures, and regulations for the operation of the Hillcrest; to monitor Hillcrest’s financial health, programs, and overall performance; and to provide the staff with the resources to implement the programs and services of Hillcrest.
As a member of the Hillcrest Childen Center Board, I commit to:
- Attending 9 board meetings per year
- Participating in the Board’s Annual Retreat and an annual evaluation to identify ways in which our Board can improve its performance
- Serving on one Board Committee (standing or ad hoc)
- Making an annual personal gift that is meaningful
- Understand my roles and responsibilities and become sufficiently knowledgeable about Hillcrest Childen Center and its operations to make informed decisions.
- Understand the Boards fiduciary responsibility, including approving the budget each May
- Ensure Hillcrest’s continued adherence to the Child and Adult Food Program (CACFP) regulations, including submitting a Certification of Principals each September
- Reading the materials sent to the Board and coming prepared for Board and committee meetings
- Arriving at meetings on time and staying for the full agenda unless I have otherwise notified the Board or Committee Chair
- Asking for clarification on any matters or material that I do not understand before making a decision
- Listening carefully to other Board members and staff with an open mind and an objective perspective
- Actively working towards those decisions and solutions that are in the organization’s best interests (speaking with one voice)
- Respecting the confidentiality of the Board’s business
I agree to be informed about and observe the following board policies in our manual:
- Avoidance of conflict of interest
- Equal opportunity and avoidance of discrimination
- Enrollment in a Board Liability Insurance Program
Minutes from Previous Meetings
- 2023 July Minutes
- 2023 June Board Minutes
- 2023 April Board Minutes
- 2023 February Board Minutes
- 2023 January Minutes
- (2021 December- no meeting)
- 2021 November Minutes
- 2021 September Board Agenda
- 2021 August Minutes
- Agenda July 2021
- (2021 June- no meeting)
- 2021 May Board Minutes
- 2021 April Board Minutes
- 2021 March Minutes
- 2021 February Minutes Board
- 2021 January Minutes
- 2019 November Board Meeting
- September 2019 Board Agenda
- August 2019 Board Minutes
- July 2019 Board Minutes
- June 2019 Board Minutes
- May 2019 Board Minutes
- April 2019 Board Minutes
- March 27 2019 Board Minutes
- March 2019 Board Notes
- February 2019 Board Minutes
- January 2019 Board Minutes